If you’re baking cookies to send to friends or family far away, these cookies may be just the thing for you.
Chocolate Oat Cookies
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets. Mix quick oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl. With your fingers, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Dissolve the baking soda in boiling water. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, and stir in the golden syrup to combine. Pour in the dissolved baking soda, and pour the mixture into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir lightly until just combined; drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.